Getting to Know Our Stylists…
Ms. Nickie Shelnutt
- Where are you from originally? I am originally from San Diego, California.
- Do you have kids? Yes, I have a son. His name is Seth Alan. I can’t believe he is a teenager now!
- How long have you been working at Pigtails & Crewcuts? I have been working for Pigtails & Crewcuts for three years. I started at the West Cobb location and then worked in between West Cobb and Roswell, but now I am primarily Roswell
- How long have you been styling hair? I have been a hairstylist for 12 years now.
- What drew you into this career? I have always loved cutting and styling hair. I specially love hair coloring. I was drawn particularly to cut children’s hair because I am often amused by their imaginations and it is true: “kids say the darnest things!”.
- What’s the funniest/strangest/cutest/wackiest hair (or otherwise) request from a customer you’ve ever had? I don’t know why a parent was really set in giving his child a mullet.
- How did you respond to that request? We do as the customers asks, so I did it. I jokingly told him to not tell anybody I had done the cut!
- What’s your “secret weapon” to get a child to stop crying before (or during) their hair cut? I like to blow bubbles. Bubbles seem to cheer them up!
- What are some of your favorite haircut memories when you were a child? When I was little I competed in gymnastic and always wore pigtails, when I couldn’t get over the uneven bars the coach would give me a little ‘help’ by pulling my pigtails up to get me over the uneven bars One day I cut the pigtails off and eventually I mastered the bars no problems.
When Ms. Nickie is not at the salon she can be found riding her horses or going for a motorcycle ride. Ms. Nickie really loves to feel the wind in her face. She loves to participate in rodeos competitions, where she is amazingly good! We think Ms. Nickie would be a zoo owner if she could as she loves all animals.