Get to Know Your Stylist
Ms. Sujuan (Swan) Glenn
1. Where are you from? Probably one of the few that are actually born and raise in Atlanta!
2. Do you have kids? None of my own.
3. How long have you been working at Pigtails & Crewcuts? I joined Pigtails & Crewcuts West Cobb when it first opened, almost five years ago. I took a break for a few months because the commute was long, but I missed ‘my kiddos’ so I had to come back and I am so glad to be back!
4. How long have you been styling hair? I have been a stylists for 10 years.
5. What drew you to this career? I decided to try a new career and fell in love with it! Can’t imagine doing anything else.
6. What is the funnies/strangest/cutest/wackiest hair (or otherwise) request from a customer you ever had? I had a little boy who wanted a mullet and he was set that nothing else would do!
7. How did you respond to the request? The parents were up for it and so I did it!
8. What’s your ‘secret weapon’ to get a child to stop crying before (or during) their hair cut? I find that talking quietly to them works because although they are crying, they are very aware of what is happening around them and they want to hear what I am saying. Of course, giving them a treat is always a good back up plan.
9. What are some of your favorite haircut memories when you were a child? I don’t really have many memories of having haircuts, I do remember braids and styling other children’s hair.
When Ms. Sujuan is not working, she loves taking walks and discovering new places. Ms. Sujuan is an active member in her church and loves to go out to eat and to the movies.