Easy Braiding Series: Bubble Braids
Bubble Braids are one of the newest and trendiest hairstyles for the summer, and they’re super easy to do! Here’s how you can achieve the look at home. Follow along with the video or instructions below to learn how to do bubble braids!
What you'll need:
- A handful of hair elastics
- A hairbrush
- Hairspray (optional)
How to do Bubble Braids - Instructions
- Start with dry, tangle-free hair. Clean hair is good, but hair that’s a day or two post-wash will hold the style better.
- Part the hair in the middle, dividing it into two equal sections. Tie one section off.
- Starting at the top of your child’s head, gather a small section of hair, and tie off about an inch or two down from the top of the section. We recommend taking diagonal sections, as the finished result will look neater.
- About an inch or two down from your first elastic, add in another section of hair. Secure this section with an elastic. Repeat this process until you reach the end of the hair.
- Starting from the first section, work your way down, using both hands to pull the hair apart. This is what creates the bubble effect.
- Repeat on the other side of your little one’s hair.
- You’re all done. Congrats!
Tips and Tricks
- Use a hair balm or light gel to prevent or tame flyaways.
- These instructions are for bubble hair braids, but you can simplify the style. Just start with two pigtails and add elastics every inch. The style just won’t be as close to their head.
Add some pizzazz!
- Use colored elastics to add some fun! You could do a rainbow, fun colors, or elastics that match your little one’s outfit!
- Use hair gems to add some sparkle! You can pick up peel & stick gems by the front desk at Pigtails & Crewcuts East Cobb.
- Add some shimmer and shine with glitter. Glitter can be messy, but not with Galexie Glister luxury glitter gel! The product is mess-free and cosmetic grade, so it can be safely used on your child’s hair, face, and body. Pick up a jar at Pigtails & Crewcuts East Cobb.